Happy Sunday All,
There’s an incredible exhalation and settling into yourself that takes place when you finally realise that
When you’re done, you’re done!
Oprah has a saying: “Let go and let God,’ and for some reason it’s a phrase that has stayed with me for over a year after first hearing. After wrestling with a challenge that for so many years I seemed to ‘get wrong’ and despite effort and meditation and all kinds of ‘spiritual’ methods, I just couldn’t seem to find a solution to.
It was a situation that drained and exhausted me and left me feeling wanting and inadequate. All around me others seemed to master this issue, it seemed to come to them relatively easily, they manifested the solution and continued to do so, yet for some reason this eluded me. No matter how hard I tried, no matter how kind or cheerful (putting out positive energy into the universe, knowing it would be returned to me), no matter how much detachment I exercised or how many times I focused on my vision and tapped into ‘positive’ feelings to go with it.
As you can imagine this was not only a source of frustration, but a source (despite using every fibre of my being to keep up an equilibrium and stay aligned to the spiritual beliefs I hold true) of a shame and feeling of unworthiness that piqued and left me feeling like a fraud.
You know you know
You see I knew, in the very fibre of my being, that “The law of attraction.” That “What you put out you get in return;” I knew, just KNEW, that all these pillars of my beliefs were not empty epithets. That these practices worked and was universal and true for ALL of us, so if that was the case why wasn’t I getting the results I envisioned? Why was I still challenged by this state of affairs? Why was I still rolling that immense boulder uphill?
One day…I became angry.
That’s another thing. Many of us who are walking through this life on a ‘Spiritual’ pathway have no idea what to do with anger. Indeed we often deny it or suppress it, we feel ashamed that we even feel it, because aren’t we on a path to enlightenment and shouldn’t ‘feel’ like this? We are an ‘examples’ to others of grace and calm and acceptance aren’t we?
But I was P*ssed! To say the least! (excuse the Vernacular!)
I was done!
And when you’re done – you’re done!
I’d come to the end of my tether; I had no rope left;
I let go…
The space of ‘When you’re done, you’re done’ is a place where you discover you have no fight left. You give up pushing and the same obstacle around the same old track, you give up fighting the same fight…
You’re so sick and tired and tired and sick of hearing yourself:
- Saying the same old things,
- Moaning the same old moans,
- Complaining about the same old complaints….
On…and on…and on…and on…and on
If you’re actually bored with yourself and angry with that incessant, chattering, vile voice in your head.
That’s when you know you’re done and…
When you’re done…you’re done!
It’s a strangely liberating feeling.
YOU LET GO and as Oprah says: “YOU LET GOD”
No! I haven’t suddenly had a religious conversion, you understand, the phrase simply serves to illustrate the point that you ‘GIVE UP & GIVE IN’ and in the process of letting go you give yourself permission:
- Permission to stop feeling guilty – That you’re not where you should be, or done what you think you should have ‘by now!’
- Permission to feel the immense, delectable peace that comes with ‘letting go.’ Letting go of the trials and the fight, letting go of the pushing and the challenge and the strain and the effort and the suffering.
- Permission to allow another solution to manifest and open up for you
- Permission to sleep more and cry less, to breathe more deeply and eat less (great for improving the waistline.)
- You give yourself permission to relax more and focus on what you DO want instead of what you don’t
- Permission to ‘flow’ and let go control
- Permission to be more authentic, more real, more you; no excuses and no apologies.
- Is there some area in your work or life or relationship(s) that deep down you know you’re ‘flogging the proverbial dead horse?’
- Is S/he not going to shift their position…they’ve told you so over and over again – BELIEVE THEM!
- Is S/he not going to change though they keep promising? Do you know deep down it will take years even if they did? How much more time can you afford to invest in the situation? the relationship, in them?
- Is the bureaucracy/bullying/ at work not going to ease off any time soon?
- Will that friend not change and become more enlightened and kind and accepting of others? Have they told you ‘this is who they are’ but you keep trying to control the situation the outcome, the person?
Do you recognise any or all, of the above? If you do
It’s a clear sign you’re done
Letting go and knowing that you’re done is the most liberating thing that can happen to you. There’s a physical release, a relaxing of the ‘holding,’ a letting go of the tension.
You get to focus instead, of what you don’t want, on channelling your energy clearly on what you DO want,
So too, with your feelings you begin to see that there are some you want to own and others you’d happily ditch…
- You’re learning
- You’re growing
- You’re done
In being ‘done’ you re-focus your energy and recover your verve. Yes, you may have to do a bit of ‘facing up.’ And taking responsibility, after all, YOU made the choices you did, but along with this is an immense exhalation and a sinking into the space you should have occupied all along.
Here… you create and dream and wait and in the waiting your intuition tells you when and how you can now choose to be FREE.
Happy Easter all
Blissings & Much Love