Happy Sunday All,
This week I came across a blog post from a young 24-year-old.
Called ‘My last tie.’
They were trying to make the last moments of their life matter, so they posted some advice for the rest of us. Much of what he said resonated quite powerfully as much of ‘My last tie,’ were thoughts and musings I have tried to express here when I share the learning I have acquired on my journey.
However, they can never be stated too often.
So for today, I am going to reference the powerful words of the author of ‘My last tie’ and add my own insights:
“Don’t waste your time on work that you don’t enjoy.”
- Why do we do it to ourselves? If we are to succeed in life at whatever it is we DO, surely there is a need for us to love whatever it is we are doing? When we do things out of obligation or duty we cannot possible DO our best nor be our best selves. We owe it to ourselves to be ‘in love’ with what we do, for when we do what we love we are passionate and dedicated. When someone has passion for what they do, the dedication to see it through no matter what and the focus to not be distracted by the naysayers and detractors, success naturally follows.
“It’s stupid to be afraid of others’ opinions.”
- When we pay attention to the opinions of others we lose ourselves.You see… the one thing I know, is that we cannot control others and that everyone has opinions. It stands to reason then that if you allow yourself to be caught in the trap of listening to and paying attention to others’ opinions of you, you will very quickly become bent out of shape. Eventually you will have with no real idea who YOU truly are, as you veer this way to that opinion and then that way because of someone else’s.
- The only way to stay centred and sure is to follow the unmistakable beat and calling of your own intuition regarding what is right for you. Yes… you risk seeming ‘odd’ to everyone else, so what if it’s not ‘conventional,’ (who want’s to be that anyway?) In time, you will feel the joy of walking to your own beat and singing to the rhythm that’s within your own soul.
- Soon, you’ll be so in love with your own life you won’t even hear the voices of the detractors and who knows… Maybe in doing so, you may well become someone else’s HERO/INE?
“Take control of your life Take full responsibility for the things that happen to you.”
- The life you’re living today, in this very moment, is as a result of the decisions you made and actions you took in the past. OWN IT!
- You cannot move securely and positively into the future of a life you want if you’re making excuses and blaming others for where you find yourself today. Of course the decisions others make, you can only react to, but there again, your reaction, physical or emotional, is your CHOICE to make.
- You see when you take responsibility for where you are and accept ‘YOU‘ got yourself here, you are fully empowered because along with that thought, comes the realisation that you can simply ‘choose’ and ‘act’ differently to produce a different outcome in the future.
So choose today…Choose now… Take action…
Create a different outcome!
Move your body
- A lazy body leads to a lazy mind. Your body is the container for your wonderful essence. It stands to reason, that if you put food into a stale container, then no matter how fresh it was before, the food will go off. You cannot hope to put positivity in, if what you’re putting it into is already caked with negativity. Find an activity, no matter how unusual that makes you feel expanded and joyous and get up and GO!
Most of all, don’t procrastinate!
Let your life be shaped by decisions you made, not by the ones you didn’t. – Speaks for itself!
Life is NOW, not when everything is perfect, there is no such thing as the perfect time and if there was how would YOU know when in waiting for things to be ‘perfect,’ as you see them, you’re passing up on doors that have opened for you because you didn’t like the colour they were painted.
“Appreciate the people around you your friends and relatives will always be an infinite source of strength and love.” That is why you shouldn’t take them for granted.
- Again, self-explanatory, but remember who was there for you. My hope is that you have relatives who are loving and supportive, but if the family you were born into are not there for you then focus your attention on the family that is…
- Give them your time,
- Give them your effort,
- Give them your energy
- Give them your love.
Don’t leave it till you’re close to choosing your last tie to decide your life is worth living!
I truly hope these words resonate…
I will repeat them time and time again until everyone or can influence in my own small way, is choosing the life they want and deserve and not one they accept by default. You see even just in the choosing and the creating you will experience energy and joy because you’re the creator. You’ll finally be the one in the ‘driving seat’ of your life.
Blissings & much love
Access to Angel’s Transformative Coaching Programme:
Want to spend a day with me?
Join me on a fun-filled exploration into YOU…
Creating: Space to B…Me